My education in this traditional medicine spans over many many years. It is the sort of life work where you are always a student, always a teacher.
Yoga and Ayurveda are a complete integral therapy for the body (dosha), mind and the heart (Spirit). Ayurveda discovers the imbalance and disease pathology, gives a diagnosis, conclusion, goal and treatment.
Yoga becomes integral to the treatment and self healing. Together Yoga and Ayurveda allow the client to make choices in their own doshic healing.
AT A GLANCE
- Contemporary Yoga Dip. 2004
- YogaKids Dip. 2004
- ITEC A & P
- EIVS Ayurveda Nutrition/Lifestyle Therapies Diplomas 2006
- EIVS Ayurveda massage and health educator Diplomas 2006
- Ayurveda Pura specific massage therapies and Ayurveda treatments
- AIVS Yoga and Ayurveda Therapist and Educator 2011
- Integrative Yoga Therapy home study one year course 2018 (blood, sweat and tears to complete that one! 🤞😂)
- Registered with the APA, (Ayurvedic Practitioners Association UK,)
- Accredited Yoga Alliance Uk Senior Yoga Teacher
I was educated on the science of Ayurveda, over a 5 year period, with:
Vaidya Atreya Smith, EIVS (the European Institute of Vedic Studies)
Alex Duncan (EIVS, Ayurveda Source)
Vamadeva, Dr David Frawley, AIVS, (the American Institute of Vedic Studies)
Dr. Deepa Apte, of Ayurveda Pura, London
I was educated on the practices and philosophy of Yoga with Marianne Gabriel and Charlie Stevens in a two year training, over 700 hours, from Contemporary Yoga, Cork.
Around the same time I studied with Marsha Wenig in the then, eighteen month training, with YogaKids™, U.S.A.
We all start somewhere and with someone guiding us, I have deep gratitude for all my teachers, their wisdom, passion and the joy they shared in what they do and all they are.
May we all go gently,
Om Shanti, Shanti Om