Sleep easy in your own rhythm of rest and renewal.
Sleep easy with the wisdom of Ayurveda to help keep your personal rhythm in balance.
I know I get boring repeating myself. But timing has a lot to do with our happiness and physical wellness and sleep easy. Our sleep patterns might feel balanced but if you always get the afternoon fatigue, then something is under pressure or out of balance.
- Vata shows up under pressure as deep tiredness in the afternoon 3pm-4pm slump, lots of yawning to help the body correct is breathing cycle and balance the gaseous exchange.
- This time of day is one of many transitions between doshas. Like the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, our body is the castle and we have doshas as guards.
- Vata often swoops in and can create a wobbly, showing up by making us feel like one of the 7 dwarves…dopey, grumpy, sleepy, giddy, happy, drama king and of course my best friend, drowsy.
- If you are in need of a snooze in the afternoon, oh my gosh, yes!! Ayurveda says go for a quick snooze! Resting is good if your Vata is all wacked out of balance.
- Add a few forward folds exhale and expels any left over stagnant energy. Transitions are Vata dominant, stop for three minutes and breathe better.
- Going to bed at the wrong time increases the chances of waking groggy and spiritless.
- Pitta and Vata need to get to bed by 10pm.
- Why? At around 11pm our body is moving into the scheduled time of the Pitta dosha. If you are still awake around 11pm you have a good chance of increasing your critical thinking. Combine critical thinking with a tad of unresolved issues just as you dose off at midnight? Well sir, you got a whole lot of deep cranky conversations, streaming live on your personal ‘midnight to nowhere’ Netflix…I know it well.
- It is our inspiring creativity. Do you ever feel like your enthusiasm is gone?!
- Do you feel a loss of inspiration? Then first inquire into your sleep patterns, and how they may be taking you away from your Narnia.
Tools for Sleep easy.
- Try to lighten the food you eat adding fibre, and if you feel your portions are too big…get a smaller plate.
- Finish your last meal at 7pm
- A warming herbal tea pitta or saffron tea if you are restless for sleep easy.
- Leave your phone downstairs. Less phone, more you. You need the alarm clock in your phone? Buy a cheap alarm clock! If you really need the phone in your bedroom, then turn off the Wi-Fi and Data to reduce the chemical and electromagnetic compounds when we are at our most vulnerable; In deep sleep.
- Be in bed by 10pm.
- Oil on your feet, with your own simple foot massage is my favourite. Great for hot flashes too. I prefer coconut oil, but any good natural organic oil, natural being the key word.
- Count three to six blessings. Just the blessings!
- Three minutes of bedtime belly breathing.
If you need help getting to sleep, if you are not staying asleep, if you have disruptive hot flashes at night, Ayurveda has the tools to resolve these issues by finding your natural rhythm once again.
Interested? contact Kelly at 086 1778369
Always interested in your health and self care, contact me for further information on how to Live in your Natural rhythm.
©Kelly Marie Mills 18, August, 2020